this document is a crude attempt at expressing the Fibonacci sequence
1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34
as a folk opera
  The Dharma Compass
Creative Commons License
This work is in the Public Domain.

To Navigate this site, click the Letters in the Dharma Compass.
The Circles of Letters M O T H E and R are section headings that fall in line with the greater pattern.
The Circles of Letters q r s t u and v are the sub headings.
The Omega in the Center leads to the first page. Watch the video, read the whole page, and then click NEXT PAGE PLEASE

Please Forgive our apparent inability to do anyhting right.
I'm the only clown I've got. Know any jokes?
Relax. Breathe. Ask Yourself: AIN'T I a MOTHERFARMER?

The Mother Pharm: M q

M q

  1. \
My Body Like a Document
This Skin I'm in Like a Parchment
and The pen in my hand draws a
turtle on my calf for the
sister of my lover to ink
with needle and thread
this paper turtle in
the center drawn with
the pen in my hand
to define the flow of my thoughts
from veiled to lucid

Yesterday and this morning, the Pen
in my hand drawing the womb in
the water, a woman making fish
with her upraised arms and hands
The Lines, so often forming symbols
of geometric progressions implying
temples of flesh and expression

the pen in my hand, changing with days,
stays the same, signing my name, like a scar in the sand
*********************************************************
In El Corazon Viven, the first two pages have reproductions of diagrams of turtles. These diagrams lay out, in very general form, how it is that I go about writing songs.
The first page look like this :
From My Body Like A Document

There are two turtles here represented. Let us deal first with the one on the left:
We've got a Turtle whose shell is a wild mess of symbols - six geometric symbols to the extremities - the wavey curve through the middle making a Yin Yang ( the two sides defined as Ideas and Emotions ), and then on the two sides of the yin yang are three words each - each in a position relative to the geometric symbols.
The Symbols Represent the concepts inderlying the numbers 1 through 6. And so, we shall represent them with Arabic Numerals

EMOTIONS

1. Melody
2. Cadence
3. Harmony
IDEAS
4. Verse
5. Chorus
6. Bridge

If you look again at the Turtle, you will see that the Turtle's Head is Melody, and it's tail is Verse.
The Cadence, Harmony, Chorus and Bridge are the Legs we will use to allow us to express our Emotions as Ideas.




NEXT PAGE PLEASE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home