this document is a crude attempt at expressing the Fibonacci sequence
1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34
as a folk opera
  The Dharma Compass
Creative Commons License
This work is in the Public Domain.

To Navigate this site, click the Letters in the Dharma Compass.
The Circles of Letters M O T H E and R are section headings that fall in line with the greater pattern.
The Circles of Letters q r s t u and v are the sub headings.
The Omega in the Center leads to the first page. Watch the video, read the whole page, and then click NEXT PAGE PLEASE

Please Forgive our apparent inability to do anyhting right.
I'm the only clown I've got. Know any jokes?
Relax. Breathe. Ask Yourself: AIN'T I a MOTHERFARMER?

The Mother Pharm: M s

M s


I remember when I withdrew
Into my shell to define my shape
In a shadowed past I drew the lines
With my finger in the water to
Make the Turtle Island Symbol
I could not hold
The simple thought aloft
It was what I sought

I remember finding that the
Months may pass and these
Unlasting seconds of ours
Could not be kept like dreams dreamt
When my body slept or tears wept
As it seems as I inept
Knew that the shape of my heart left
no more impression on Turtle Island
Than these beckonings of the breast
Rising and falling in the tide of our breath
And my living heart el Corazon viven
Drove me out from my shell to find them
Lost and lonely tossed out or broken free
Costing only memories these refugees
And alone we now float
On the foam
On the crescendo of the living sea
Memories of Thee and me
In days so young they are yet to be
On the crescendo of the sea


***************************************************************

From My Body Like A Document


El Corazon Viven

On this page, and the two preceding and the two following, I have placed the lyrics to the song directly below the video. If you look at the structure and spacing of those lyrics - and listen to them perhaps as you do, you will find that the shape of the words gives a sort of graphic description of when you would be breathing while singing.
Such distinctions are, of course, fleeting. Your own best method for song writing will most likely differ from mine. In general, mine even differs somewhat from each song to the next.
And this is the thing with song - it is of and unto itself an ephemeral thing, the song sung. That transient nature, however, can be hinted at, depicted in the symbols used to write the song down - and again the song can live if the shorthand is effective.
From Untitled Album


NEXT PAGE PLEASE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home