this document is a crude attempt at expressing the Fibonacci sequence
1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34
as a folk opera
  The Dharma Compass
Creative Commons License
This work is in the Public Domain.

To Navigate this site, click the Letters in the Dharma Compass.
The Circles of Letters M O T H E and R are section headings that fall in line with the greater pattern.
The Circles of Letters q r s t u and v are the sub headings.
The Omega in the Center leads to the first page. Watch the video, read the whole page, and then click NEXT PAGE PLEASE

Please Forgive our apparent inability to do anyhting right.
I'm the only clown I've got. Know any jokes?
Relax. Breathe. Ask Yourself: AIN'T I a MOTHERFARMER?

The Mother Pharm: Omega M

Omega M


Thank you, Mr Bill Gates, for rearranging my life's fate.
Thank you Mr. Steve Jobs, now I've got a jobby-job.
Oh-oh ( no fire wall is turned on ) Thank you...
(click this balloon to fix this problem. Your computer may be at risk. No fire wall is turned on, your computer may be at risk.
Somethin somethin somethin...yeah them popup balloons keep comin up (5x) I can't stop them pop up balloons from comin up)

I'm gonna take a pop up balloon, and put a little helium in it so it will float to the sky.They won't be weighing down my coffee anymore...
And I hope that a plane will hit up there. hope it will get a poke in the paradigm up there...
( No firewall is turned on click this balloon to fix this problem your computer may be at risk, no firewall is turned on )
I am an extreme computer user, that's why I use windows, cause my system is always at risk.
That makes me extreme, cause I like to chances ( extreme )
I like to chances and do dances ( extreme chances )
do dances with the devil in the window.
( extreme dances. Extreme chances, extreme dances ...
and the pop up balloons keep popping up o - o - o - o - o )

Popping up!
Popping up!
( No firewall is turned on )
***********************************************************************************



This page is the lead in to a five song set - which has five attendant videos made, for each of the songs.
They are the focal point of a book about how to write a song that will, of its own accord, evolve into the Mother Pharm.
The Five songs appear on the next five pages - which can be reached via
  • the next page please link at the bottom of each page
  • clicking the q r s t and u in the M turtle on the Dharma Compass
  • or by clicking these five links
My Body Like a Document
All Of the Letters In the Alphabet Spoken At Once
My Living Heart (El Corazon Viven)
The Living Crystal Ship
That's What I Give Them
The songs and the art in the book were the product of two classes I took during the Spring of 2010 at the Recovery Cafe in Seattle, WA.
The Agency that arranged the classes, Path With Art, also arranged a trip to the Opera in the middle of the semester.
The Following email was my response to that event.
from aroha nui
to p.r.@seattleopera.org
bcc chaonarchygirl at yahoo dot com
date Thu, May 6, 2010 at 11:15 PM
subject Amelia Dress rehearsal - Mahalo
mailed-by gmail
May 6

Aloha
Tonight was, to be short, one of the finest gifts I have ever
received. In each facet, a gem of incomparable merit to my simple,
lonely artist's heart. Thank you. I am inspired and renewed. This
evening's rehearsal expressed the wild magic of America, in the micro
and macro cosmic.

Eschewing brevity, I will now relate a bit more thoroughly the great
effect this piece had upon me. To begin, I am a refugee of sorts - I
have committed my life to making music and art that tells stories
which are designed to evolve into a sanctuary for homeless pregnant
women at a school for midwifery on an organic farm that also serves as
a center for disaster relief preparedness training. My commitment is
that I will remain homeless until there are no more homeless pregnant
women. Crazy? Sure. All around the block.
I am the product of a home broken by the military in the aftermath of
the Vietnam war - she couldn't stay with him, for many reasons
expressed in your story. He was legally and physically removed from my
life, in fact. I was once sent home from school for telling the lie
that he had died in the war in a plane crash. I was a latch key kid in
the eighties, with a working mother and was, in my own way, often
troublesome. The abandonment issues that I have dealt with through the
years were so powerfully represented in this play, that from the start
( I laughed in wonder, actually - at the very start, at the line about
being clothed in a gown of the stars ) But I digress, from the start,
tears streamed down my face. The dislocation of memories as they
relate to real events, the experience of a life traumatically altered
through such a loss - these things which to this day bedevil me I saw
and heard, felt and observed in the effect of your efforts this
evening.
And THEN: the pregnancy, the fears, the rejection of new love, the
philosophical consideration of suicide, the entrance of the midwife
and the elemental flights into archetypes old and new - in each of
these my commitment - which I believe to be Divinely Inspired - to
building the midwifery school, etc., was played out for me like a
series of examples of my own purpose. It is as if I were in that Cave
from Plato's Republic.
Begining to end, I wept.
Enraptured by the Jazz Rhythms and themes juxtaposed with more
commonly operatic themes, I was fully relieved of the delusion of
presence - that is, I was transported beyond the willing suspension of
disbelief to a place where I began to doubt the reality of the mundane
and temporal world we all must share.
That line from the libretto, beginning to end, tomorrow I will make into
a piece of art that depicts a bird with the wing tips defined by the
mirrored b and d of that phrase. I will be making this art in the Path
to Art class I take at the Recovery Cafe - through which the ticket
came to me.
I have never before been to an opera - I am a musician and have been
part of an incredible variety of environments, all of which colors my
own life mission.
In the short and the long
sincerely
MAHALO
ALOHA
in my fractured, bottom of the barrel sort of way i say
the entire universe conspired in 6 dimensional hypersymmetric cadence
through this performance to bring solace to one foolish homeless man.
I stood and applauded until the lights went on, and if it were
possible, I would have until I collapsed exhausted.
Thank you
Owen

NEXT PAGE PLEASE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home